8 Steps to a clean and better functioning gas grill
Follow these 8 steps to clean your gas grill.
Every machine works better when it is clean and if you enjoy grilling, it's very likely your grill needs a good cleaning before the summer season of entertaining starts. Follow these 8 steps to clean your gas grill to make sure you're getting the most efficiency from your appliance. We're using a Broilmaster grill that has seen several years of use and is still performing well because it's cleaned and repaired regularly. Our Broilmaster customers use their grills for at least 20 years before they have to replace the whole grill.
1) Scrape grease off the top and sides of the grill. No, this isn't paint that is peeling off of your grill, this is grease from all those great meals you had last season. A spatula will work for this procedure.
2) Remove the grates and scrape them with a wire brush and wash them.
3) Inspect the briquets and discard the broken briquets with new ones. You can purchase briquets at any grill dealer. Briquets vaporize the juices from your food and give your food that grilled flavor you love but moisture causes them to crack over time.
4) Remove the venturi tubes and inspect the burner. Make sure the venturi tubes are clear of debris and the burner is free of spider webs. Simply blow these orifices to clear them or use a wire tool especially made for this purpose.
5) Scrape the grease from all sides of the grill and clean the debris from the grill cavity.
6) Check the igniter to see that there is a spark when you push the button.
7) Replace the burner and ignite the flames. Make sure the flame is coming out evenly in every part of the burner. If the majority of the flame is coming from one area of the burner, you may have a rusted burner or there may be plugged areas. Use a wire brush to remove debris- do not use water. A grill dealer will have replacement burners on hand. You'll need the make, model and size of your grill in order to find the appropriate replacement burner.
This image shows the male and female burner connection.
This image shows the burner properly connected to the gas supply. This connection is on the underside of the grill.
8 ) Replace the grates if they are warped or worn. Stainless steel grates are the best performing type.
Fire up the grill and invite the gang over!
If you would like more information on the grills we offer at All Seasons Fireplace click the button below.