Every machine works better when it is clean and if you enjoy grilling, it's very likely your grill needs a good cleaning before the summer season of entertaining starts. Follow these 8 steps to clean your gas grill to make sure you're getting the most efficiency from your appliance. We're using a Broilmaster grill that has seen several years of use and is still performing well because it's cleaned and repaired regularly. Our Broilmaster customers use their grills for at least 20 years before they have to replace the whole grill.
- Scrape grease off the top and sides of the grill. Many people actually think that paint is peeling off of your grill where it is actually grease from all those great meals you've been cooking up! A spatula will work for the step.
- Remove the grates. Scrape them with a wire brush and then wash them.
- Inspect the briquets and replace the broken briquets with new ones. You can purchase them at any grill dealer. Briquets vaporize the juices from your food and give your food that grilled flavor you love. There isn't anything wrong with your grill if briquets are broken, moisture causes them to crack over time.
- Remove the venturi tubes and inspect the burner. Make sure the venturi tubes are clear of debris and the burner is free of spider webs or other debris. You can simply blow these orifices to clear them or you can use a wire tool which is design for this type of cleaning.
- Scrape the grease from all sides of the grill and clean the debris from the grill cavity.
- Check the igniter to ensure there is a spark when you push the button.
- Replace the burner and ignite the flames. Be sure that the flame is coming out evenly in every part of the burner. If the majority of the flame is coming from one area of the burner, you may have a rusted burner or it could be plugged. Use a wire brush to remove debris, do not use water. A grill dealer will have replacement burners on hand. You'll need the make, model, and size of your grill in order to ensure you get the appropriate replacement burner.
This image shows the male and female burner connection.
This image shows the burner properly connected to the gas supply. This is located on the underside of the grill.
- Replace the grates if they are warped or worn. *Stainless steel grates are the best performing grill grate.
That's it! You are ready to fire up the grill and invite the gang over. If you would like to learn more about the grills we offer at All Seasons Fireplace, contact the store!